Sunday, July 19, 2015

THE TRAINING/ January 19, 2015

I did not want Mike to teach me the ropes...pun intended!
We had had a few run ins on tying up to the dock and me driving in the past.  So needless to say I did not want him teaching me about this boat.  He would get frustrated and I would get discouraged.  Enter Captain Chris.

We hired Captain Chris as our boat trainer for four days in July.  We covered markers, signals, reading charts and electronic navigation.  We spent nearly a whole day in the engine room.  I learned about impellers and hoses.  How to read oil sticks and gauges.  I drove and docked.  I still need a lot more practice in docking, but I think in case of an emergency I can get us to help!  I'm feeling more comfortable and I think Mike even learned a thing or two!



No comments:

Post a Comment