Thursday, September 17, 2015

THE MAINTENANCE / September 17, 2015

"It's a boat..."  That's Mike's favorite saying whenever I complain about something breaking or the cost of a repair.

So I'm sure you can imagine there are a lot of things that can go wrong and will go wrong on a house floating in the water.  But we are trying to get as much fixed as possible by professionals, so hopefully we won't have as much to fix on the water somewhere ourselves.


So far we've replaced 2 out of 4 air conditioners.  Replaced a small refrigerator with a 2 drawer combo frig/freezer.  Had the teak railing refinished.  Bought a new anchor, not a cheap one by any means, but better to be safe than sorry.  Had satellite TV/Radio installed, but hey, it works using Bluetooth, oh boy!  Mike's selling point, haha.  Let's see, new strainers, plumbing fixes, electrical fixes and plenty more I'm not aware of I'm sure.  Because ..."it's a boat...."


Luckily the previous owners left the sheets, tons of charts and maps (which can get costly, so that was nice). I had a lot of towels, cleaning items, dishes and kitchen utensils since we had 2 houses for a while.  That does not to include the tons of little things that crop up.  But I guess we are more prepared than we were 3 months ago.  I'm sure this will be an ongoing post, remember..."it's a boat..."




No comments:

Post a Comment