Saturday, February 13, 2016

HAWK'S CAY to KEY LARGO / Friday, February 12 (Day 22)


We finally had a decent day to head back north. The sun was out, the winds were 10 knots but the seas were under 2 feet, all signs said GO. The guys took the boat for a pump out and fuel. I left in Joe's car to meet them at Gilbert's Resort in Key Largo. Just to show you how long it takes in the boat; I left at 7:30 and they left at 8:30, the same time I got to Key Largo! They did not get to Gilbert's until 1:45!


So I had another day of time to myself. I'm getting spoiled and will miss these opportunities when Joe leaves! I got a pedicure and got in a two mile walk. Went the the library to use the WIFI and update my blog. And finally good old standby, Publix! Going to miss them too when we get further north.



Boobie Menu

























As I pulled into the parking lot I could see the boat approaching the docks, good timing! Once we got tied up, we had lunch at the "Keys largest Tiki Hut", so they say. We all had salads to save room for the fish we caught yesterday. We got a kick out of the "boobies" drinks.
Three Boobies







            
Our boat is right next to the Tiki Hut!
"Keys Largest Tiki Hut"

After sunset viewing, we were going to have the fish we caught for dinner, but Joe thought the ribs from the Tiki Bar looked pretty good. And he was right, they were! So we had them to go and ate on the boat, while we listened to a local band play cover songs. Mike said they did not need to quit their day jobs. We were a little worried when we heard they were scheduled to play until midnight. But when we went to bed at 10, we were not bothered, thank goodness, because it was to be another early departure.

Cheers!
Just gorgeous!


No comments:

Post a Comment