Saturday, August 13, 2016

TRAVERSE CITY to POWER ISLAND Anchor / Wednesday, August 10 (Day 203)

Admiral's Log:     9:40 am, Wed. 8/10/16
                         Air Temp:   79     Water Temp:   73
                        Winds:   calm
                        Speed:   9.0 mph

Lake Michigan does not have as many places to anchor because it is so deep. So we are trying to squeeze in a few anchorages in between marina's when we can. We had a short one hour trip to Power Island. Again, you would think you are in the Bahamas! The water is so clear and beautiful greens and blues. The only drawback is it's quite a bit colder than we are used to. But the best thing, it's not salty! 

That is the bottom about 20 feet down, so clear!
Hard to show the actual colors of the water.

Of course it was cold when I first jumped in, but once I started swimming it was not bad at all. I actually floated on my noodle for at least an hour. I talked to a local guy that told me Madonna's father has wine vineyards in Leeland, and Tim Allen has a house in the area as well. 


Me and my noodle.
While I was floating, Mike sat on the swim platform, too chicken to come in. But three guys paddled up to him and asked if he was the Mike Rowe of "Dirty Jobs". This was the second time we have been approached. Apparently he is from Michigan and they see our  boat name and assume it's him. Mike tells him he is the original Mike Rowe since he is older, and wishes he had the other Mike Rowe's money.

Just a nice lazy relaxing day. We read and watched the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment